M2 MBA backlight bleed issue? How does your monitor look?

Reaction score
I received the new M2 MBA a few days ago. I am concerned that my unit has an unacceptable amount of backlight bleed. I'm not sure I'd notice it in normal working conditions, but given how much money I spent on the device, I want to be sure that what I am experiencing is normal. I didn't buy the base model, so unfortunately, the exchange process will likely take several weeks.

Here is how my new M2 MBA screen looks (2017 MBP included in some photos for comparison; see the photo descriptions):

Here is a video from various angles (dark room at the beginning, some light toward the end):

The brightness is set to 100% in the photos and the video.

For those who recently received a new M2 MBA, would you mind posting pictures/videos of your screen? I am wondering if what I am experiencing is normal or an anomaly. I'm also worried that if I exchange it, I will end up with a unit that is even worse.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response. I personally don't own and haven't seen one of these new M2 MBAs.

I see you received several repsonses on other forums and have returned the unit for a swap.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

C

Reaction score
I decided to send back the device and order a new one. I received the new one the other day. I'm pretty sure it looks much better. But before I decide to keep it, I could use a second opinion. What do you think?

See my original post to see how the replacement unit compares to the unit that I returned.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, the second unit looks better than the first. I believe all will have some variation, so it is up to you what you are comfortable with and will accept.

C

Ask a Question