Contacts folder in Finder in 2017 MBA, OS 10.15.6

Reaction score
Prior to upgrading to Catalina from Sierra, I believe I was able to drag contacts entries from 'All Contacts' to one or more sub folders.
Since moving up to Catalina, I am unable to drag and drop as it suits me. I've just read thru the Accounts HELP file, have not found any answers there. Is this due to the 10.15 OS ?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Apple hasn't removed that functionality for dragging multiple contacts to contact groups, even in the Big Sur beta.

Are you getting an error of any kind?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Apple hasn't removed that functionality for dragging multiple contacts to contact groups, even in the Big Sur beta.

Are you getting an error of any kind?

C
Hi Cory,
No error messages.
I highlight a contact, drag to the desired (additional) destination, it immediately springs back to the original file. No go. Prior to Catalina rearranging Contact entries and destinations was simple and easy.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Are you only using iCloud contacts, or do you have other accounts setup as well?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Not sure what could be causing that, as I cannot replicate it here.

Have you been syncing those contacts to iCloud, or are some/all only on the Mac?

C

Ask a Question