Picking whose contact library to add new contacts to.

Reaction score
My wife and I want to share a contact library. I select her System Preferences/Internet Accounts contacts setting on. If I don't turn my iCloud contacts on, Siri thinks all of my devices are run by her. So I turn both of our contacts on, with only my own "me" contact in my library. A downside is that I now see two of my contacts in my contacts.

The other downside is that any time I add a contact, it goes into my contact library. I then have to drag it to hers and delete the copy in mine.

Is there any way to tell my devices to always use her account? (Or to otherwise synchronize our contacts).

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

The only way I know of to share contacts from multiple iCloud accounts is to use Family Sharing. Another way...much easier without dealing with iCloud, would be to use your individual iCloud accounts on the iPhones as you have now, and create a Gmail account that can be setup on both iPhones. You could both use the Google/Gmail account to add contacts, which would sync between the iPhones. You could also have individual contacts in your iCloud accounts that aren't synced/shared.

C

Ask a Question