Lost folders in mail

Reaction score
Hi,

I kept a long list of private folders in Mail. Last night I received an upate notification via System Preferences and after the update closed down. (One update was a security update for Safari but cannot remember the other.)

On checking Mail today, all those private folders have disappeared. I have Lacie backup but having tried to recover any Mail backups there do not appear to be any and the displays are the same as today.

It looks like I have lost all information in the private folders but hope that they are hiding somewhere and someone here can help me to find them. Thank you.

iMac (Retina 4k 21.5-inch 2017) Processor 3GHz Intel Core i5 Mojave

Reaction score
Hello oldscribe,

Thank you so much for your help. I have searched and searched the HD folders but cannot even find Mail in the library folder or any sign of a V4 folder anywhere.

However, I am somewhat embarrassed in that I did not keep it simple and do the obvious. Next to the 'On My Mac' notice in the Mail side folder column is a circle with a cross and to the right of that a 'Show' or 'Hide' instruction. All I had to do was press 'Show' and all the 'missing' folders reappeared.

Great relief since those folders include all of my receipts and order emails!

Thank you again and I will try to think through the simpler route from now on.

Reaction score
Hi,

That is good news, and for reference your library folder is now hidden. To see it hover the mouse over the go menu then hold the alt key down;)

Ask a Question