Late 2015 iMac speed issues? Fix?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Processor - 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory - 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3'
Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB

Other than a handful of apps and the Adobe Suite I have very little on this iMac. I bought it because I'm a graphic designer and use Photoshop and Premiere Pro very heavily. However, the computer is extremely slow and I honestly just use it as a glorified speaker now to listen to Pandora haha.

I've read other articles that say that memory is great on the Late 2015 iMacs but the processor is crappy. (I may have that wrong)

My question is what can I do to improve it without having to go drop $5k for the new iMac Pro?

I'm looking for solutions like external drives etc so I can get back to using it for Photoshop and Premiere Pro.

Thanks

Reaction score
I have the same model, but with 24GB of RAM, I use Lightroom and GIMP for my image processing, Microsoft Office 2016 for the boring stuff, plus I do a bit of coding on the machine and I have not experienced any slowness.

Ask a Question