Late 2009 iMac AMD-Action:downloadProduct:SP (HELP)

Reaction score
So I erased my hard drive, and trying to start fresh with this iMac. I was able to erase the hard drive, and every time I go to install MacOS Sierra I get the error "AMD-Action:downloadProduct:SP". I can't seem to figure this out with any information online. Please help!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have heard of this Apple ID signin issue. Normally, it resolves itself in a day or two.

Have you tried it again since Sunday?

C

Reaction score
I did not try it at all yesterday. But since I’m at the reboot screen it doesn’t give me any option to sign in, I’m just clicking to install the OS and I get that error. I’ll try again tonight and see, but please let me know if you have any other ideas I can try.

Reaction score
Yes that’s what I’m using. I get to the point where I’ve selected the HD and selected to install Sierra, that loads for a few seconds and then the error comes up. At that point I can either retry or cancel. Both get me nowhere.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, I assume you are connected to Wi-Fi or to your network with an Ethernet cable?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Not necessarily...it just needs a connection to Apple to allow signin and to download the installer. You could try it however, just to rule out a connectivity issue.

C

Reaction score
Ok. Do I need to login to my Apple account from another computer and authorize that computer or something along those lines as well?

Reaction score
The iMac is still listed in my Apple account that I can view from my iPhone. Should I remove it from the account and then try?

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I’ve found that thread before, but a key difference. That error is “authenticate” and I’m having the download error. I’ve worked through that thread before without success.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK

Do you have another Mac? If so, you could download the Sierra installer and create a bootable installer drive using an app like DiskMaker X.

I personally haven't run into this issue before in my experience, so I am basically searching for any possible fixes via the Internet as well.

Will keep at it,

C

Reaction score
Also when I get the error, and I click cancel I receive another error that states “ The App Store recovery purchase failed”. Does that shed any light for you?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
A little.

I know you tried Recovery Mode, which attempts to install the last version you had...have you tried Internet Recovery? It will install the version of OS X/macOS that your iMac came with. You can then upgrade to any later versions using App Store > Purchased.

Internet Recovery - power on or restart and hold Command-Option-R immediately when you hear the startup chime. Keep holding until your see the Starting Internet Recovery globe icon. You should then get prompted to join a Wi-Fi network. Once joined, you should see a progress bar, then the OS X Utilities screen, where you can choose Reinstall OS X. It can take quite a while for this to appear, since it is loading from Apple's servers over the Internet.

See how that goes,

C

Ask a Question