Keyboard issue

Reaction score
Hi, I have two macs. An older one plus a new one. All was well until yesterday. The keyboard on the old machine lost Bluetooth connection. The mouse is still connected ok. So I transferred the the keyboards over. Now is the baffling bit. The old board works fine on the newest mac and the newest board works ok on both. So why will the old keyboard and Mac refuse to communicate. The problem board is not showing in Bluetooth preferences. The new keyboard does.
Anyone any suggestions please.

Reaction score
Hi, I have two macs. An older one plus a new one. All was well until yesterday. The keyboard on the old machine lost Bluetooth connection. The mouse is still connected ok. So I transferred the the keyboards over. Now is the baffling bit. The old board works fine on the newest mac and the newest board works ok on both. So why will the old keyboard and Mac refuse to communicate. The problem board is not showing in Bluetooth preferences. The new keyboard does.
Anyone any suggestions please.
If the new keyboard works with both Macs (over Bluetooth, I assume), you can be thankful that Bluetooth works on both Macs. It sounds like there is something wrong the Bluetooth in the old keyboard, but is not serious enough that the new Mac can still connect to it.

Are the keyboards from Apple? Can you connect them directly to USB? For now, you could use the old keyboard with the Mac if its works with it, and the new keyboard with old Mac—until you decide to get a replacement keyboard to replace the old one.

Ask a Question