Keyboard Issue.

Reaction score
Hej. I have had a problem with my macs keyboard for a while now.. A random day my keyboard start to write symbols like this(;∂‹∂‹…µ…√ñ√¬Ω≤) instead of normal letters. I have tried to reinstall OS X, but that didn't work
confused.png
?? When i connect and use an ekstern keyboard is there no problem. how can this be, and have anyone an idea have to fix this?

Thanks.

Christian

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sounds like you may have the wrong keyboard selected in System Preferences... > Keyboard > Input Sources. Match the keyboard to the country in which you live and see if that resolves the issue.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I have tried that and that did not work. Something is serious wrong with ny mac

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

-Which exact model of Mac?
-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Is the trackpad affected?
-Does the keyboard backlight work normally?

C

Reaction score
Its a Macbook pro 13¨ primo 2011.
right now i am running OS X lion, but had the some problem i maverick.
The trackpad is working fine and
the keyboard backlight also works normally.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK..thanks for the additional information.

-Has any liquid been spilled on the keyboard?
-Does it seem like any keys are stuck down?
-Have you tired enabling the Keyboard & Character Viewers in the menu bar and launching the on-screen Keyboard Viewer? When you see the on-screen keyboard, are any of the keys grey without pressing them?
-Are all of the Mac OS X updates downloaded and installed - i.e. Lion 10.7.5?
Have you tried a PRAM and SMC reset?

C

Reaction score
I spilled some liquid on the keyboard and æøå stopped working, but that was about 2 years ago. sense then the keyboard was useable until now.
there are no grey letters on the "on screen keyboard" but it seems like the option bottom is stuck, maybe inside the keyboard? When i press and hold down the option key on the "on screen keyboard" the same letters is shown, like when i use the keyboard normally.
No key seems stuck.
I have tried pram reset, but no changes

Ask a Question