Keyboard issues

Reaction score
I am normally a pc user, but a few days ago l had to send in my pc to get a driver replaced and my sister lent me her old Macbook Pro to use until my computer gets back. There was a small water spill in the upper lefthand side of the keyboard, which started messing with the entire keyboard, eventually bringing it to the point where l can't type coherently at all.

I got an external keyboard to plug into it and that works fine, but the internal keyboard keeps randomly coming back in and trying to override it, making typing hard. I tried using the Terminal solution to disable the keyboard that I had seen around, but the trackpad is messed up to and makes it impossible for me to scroll down even though l'm using a regular mouse so l can't even navigate to Terminal.

At another suggestion, l downloaded Keyboard Cleaner, but it won't recognize the Q key on the external keyboard and nothing on the internal one is working, so l can't exit the program. I tried restarting a few times, but keyboard cleaner is still active so l can't do much of anything.

I would appreciTe any kind of help!! I never use Macs so l really have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you!

Reaction score
Sorry this is a hardware problem and will need the topcase replaced.

Ask a Question