itunes won't quit

Reaction score
Have an iMac with latest OS 10.9.3 and suddenly my iTunes won't quit. Have to force quit. Also, it now won't show my devices all the time. This is new to me. Have 16 GB memory. Have done nothing new in the last week. Don't know what happened.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

First I would run permission repair from disk utility, run it two or three times deleting the log after each completion or until it is clear.
Also we are on version 11 now, is this what you have?

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

First I would run permission repair from disk utility, run it two or three times deleting the log after each completion or until it is clear.
Also we are on version 11 now, is this what you have?
Ran Permissions 3 times deleting log each time. It still won't close. Have version 11.2.2 for iTunes.

Reaction score
Hi,

On the last run what was listed in the log? Also do you have any iTunes plug-ins?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Here are a few things to try:

-Click on your Music Library in the left pane of iTunes, instead of leaving the iTunes Store selected before you quit iTunes.
-Sign out of the iTunes Store, try to quit. Sign in again upon the next launch of iTunes. iTunes > Store > Sign Out
-Reset the iTunes Store Cache in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced.
-Check for any available downloads and make sure there isn't one stuck. iTunes > Store > Check for Available Downloads...

Let us know if any of these help, as well as oldscribe's inquiry.

C

Reaction score
Have an iMac with latest OS 10.9.3 and suddenly my iTunes won't quit. Have to force quit. Also, it now won't show my devices all the time. This is new to me. Have 16 GB memory. Have done nothing new in the last week. Don't know what happened.
Here is what it says after 3 repair disk permissions:

Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Safari.help/Contents/Resources/index.html”; should be lrwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Safari.help/Contents/Resources/index.html”
Permissions repair complete

Reaction score
Here is what it says after 3 repair disk permissions:

Permissions differ on “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Safari.help/Contents/Resources/index.html”; should be lrwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .Repaired “Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Safari.help/Contents/Resources/index.html”
Permissions repair complete
Also tried everything Cory suggested. My devices show up sporadically. That could be my cords are old.

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you fully shut down the Mac? If not do so and leave unplugged from mains for a few minutes then re plug and re boot.
Once done open iTunes log in then log out and first tap the red ball then fully close via the iTunes menu.

Reaction score
Had the same problem as Lablady. Followed instructions of old scribe and Cory Cooper. Problem was resolved after ~ 25 minutes.
Thank you, all!

Ask a Question