iTunes Sync Issue

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to sync music to my iPhone and iPad. I have a Mac with iTunes 12.3.1 and the latest iOS on both devices. I store my music on a Synology NAS drive which offers an iTunes Server. When I go to sync music, it is showing that there is nothing in my library. It worked last time, it's since I have updated that I can't sync any music. I have attached a screenshot of the sync screen in iTunes. Help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 21.12.01.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 21.12.01.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 318

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-After which update did it stop working - iTunes 12.3.1?
-Do you still see all of your songs in the main iTunes Library and are they playable?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Thanks for the welcome. Here are the details:

-Which model Mac? MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
-Which version of OS X? 10.11.1 (15B42)
-After which update did it stop working - iTunes 12.3.1? Last time I synced music would have been June / July and I tend to keep current with updates, so we've had new OS X and new iOS since (and I guess new iTunes).
-Do you still see all of your songs in the main iTunes Library and are they playable? Yes & Yes

Regards
Dan

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...strange that you can see and play everything in iTunes.

-Do the songs show under This Computer > My Music in iTunes, or under the NAS in the House icon in the upper left of the iTunes window?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
That is probably why it won't sync...it considers the NAS a shared library, and you can only sync to iOS devices from a local library. I am surprised it worked previously.

Let me see if I can find a work-around.

C

Ask a Question