ITunes music transfer

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to transfer all my iTunes music to an SD card. I am using Android File Transfer. Most of the 11,000 tracks are copied from compilation cd's and so haven't got all their information such as track title, just track 4 etc. with artist and album. When the transfer starts it very quickly tells me that a track already exists and do I want to replace it. I don't get the choice of transferring it anyway even though it thinks it already exists. This means I only end up with 1400 tracks on the card.
Any way to do them all? Is there a better file transfer method?
Cheers

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

It sounds like the tracks have the same filename (iTunes > click a song > Get Info > Location > look at filename), so it isn't overwriting them on the SD card.

Is there a reason you are using Android File Transfer instead of drag and drop directly from within iTunes?

The best solution would be to add the title for each song, then transfer. It can be a long daunting process to do manually, but there are some applications that can perform that action. I haven't used any of them personally, so I can't recommend any or vouch for their success.

Sorry, wish I had a better answer.

C

Reaction score
Yes adding the titles would be best but with 14,000 tracks that isn't easy.

I used Android File etc because my mini wouldn't recognise my music player without it.

I have tried a few times and no success so far. Now, to my horror, I have just checked iTunes and all my music is gone!! Except bloody U2!
It appears to still use space on my storage so I don't know where it is.

I might have to pay an expert. Sometimes I hate apple.

Ask a Question