Automatically Add to iTunes or Music apparent redundant folders

Reaction score
I have an old Mac that's finally gotten upgraded to Catalina (the highest it goes I think), and I've noticed that the iTunes app has changed to the Apple Music app, but that there appears to be some strange redundant folders now...

In my user's Music folder in Finder, there's folder paths:
- iTunes -> iTunes Media -> containing folders Automatically Add to iTunes and Automatically Add to Music (0 items each), Music (160 items of songs; I don't remember when or how I added them, or whether they were added with iTunes or its replacement Apple Music app).
- Music -> Media -> Automatically Add to Music (0 items).

I want to clean up the top-level Music folder (in my home folder), but I don't know what to delete. Also, I'd like to put the songs into the up-to-date Apple Music app proper folder.

Reaction score
Also, there's something else confusing... in my home folder -> Music -> iTunes -> iTunes Media -> Podcasts folder, there's an Apple Keynotes (1080p) folder containing two files named like "Apple Special Event, whenever (1080p) #.m4v", and I remember downloading them from an iTunes search, but they don't show anywhere in the Apple Music app... that app seems designed ONLY for music, whereas iTunes allowed for all kinds of audio/visual media. The sections in the Apple Music app seem to only be about music, nothing about podcasts or video.

I can delete the video files since I don't need them anymore, but it seems like they should show somewhere... I mean, the iTunes folder seems to be a pile of old junk now that I need to move or delete, but I don't understand why they only seem to be accessible through Finder.

Reaction score
I really hope someone can tell me where my music and video files should be! And which folders I can delete.

Ask a Question