Major problem with uploaded CDs & iTunes purchases not all appearing in Music library.

Reaction score
I don’t understand why the ton of CDs which I know have been uploaded to the iTunes annual subscription service aren’t all in my Music library. There are also only a couple of albums in the purchased section on iTunes Store, so I don’t know if all of the iTunes purchases I’ve made over the years have been transferred to my Music library. I remember downloading every single song I had (when iTunes worked despite being clunky) onto my phone ages ago. When I subscribed to Music I did the same with albums I’d added to my library. However, loads of them either don’t appear anywhere or show as still needing downloaded. An example today was that I wanted to play a track by Erasure. I have bought at least 2, possibly 3 albums by them before. However when I searched for the song in Music absolutely nothing came up under Erasure. There were only Music recommendations to stream. There are a few albums under the “downloads” icon although these are minimal, fairly random and don’t make much sense. I basically don’t know what’s happened to what was a much vaunted replacement for the old iTunes. Initially it seemed to be a stable platform. I thoughtiTunes and Music were meant to have been merged seamlessly into a single app when Apple introduced the Music subscription. After doing some Mac research through magazines and websites, I decided to keep paying my £25 annual iTunes subscription in addition to my monthly Music subscription for reasons which I can’t remember although the advice seemed sensible at the time. However I am now totally perplexed. My main concern is, where are my previously uploaded CDs and iTunes purchases?
Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

This can be a bit tricky to troubleshoot, and normally it is best to work with Apple Support directly.

In the Music application, there are a couple of things to check:
Library > Songs: Click View >All Music
Library > Songs: right-click the column headers and choose Cloud Status. This will show statuses like Purchased, Uploaded, Matched.

Are you using the same Apple ID that you have been all along?

C

Ask a Question