Major G5 problems, any advice at all greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Ok firstly thanks for clicking on this thread in the first place.

Long story short I deleted a large bunch of files and I think a file the computer needed to run was among them since as soon as I did it the computer stopped responding to everything and when I restarted it another screen came up saying "Unable to find driver for this platform" and "No debugger confirmed - dumping debug information" along with "We are hanging here..." at the end, the screen also has a note in the background saying "You need to restart you computer, Hold down the Power buttong for several seconds or press the Restart button" in several languages, after about a minute the G5's fan goes into overtime making a loud noise and does'nt stop until I turn it off. I was advised to reinstall the OS but when I inserted the first disk it made no differance, the computer went to the usual screen and now I can't get the cd back.

I'm aware how stupid I was to delete something the computer needed to run. Note to others: Don't do that.

So yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Hello Guilty-Light and Welcome!!

Unfortunately, I am not sure how I can help you get your computer running again. Hopefully someone else will chime in. But I may be able to help you with getting your CD out of the drive. Try restarting your machine and holding the mouse button down while it is booting. That should eject your CD.

Sorry I can't be further help, but hopefully someone will chime in with a suggestion to get your OS back. But I hope this method gets your CD out.

Cheerio
Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

stick in the install 1 disk CD or DVD and hold down the c key, keep it held down till you see the installer screen !

This should eventually boot into the installer screen where you can do an Archive and Install. Let us know how you get on.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question