iTunes 12.2.1 - iCloud Music Library - How to save Genres?

Reaction score
I'm using a MAC Mini, Yosemite and iTunes 12.2.1 -- if I activate iCloud Music Library, the Genres I've set up are completely changed (and not for the better). Is there a way to preserve my organization and still use iCloud Music Library?

Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

I don't use iCloud Library myself, as I like to have full manual control over my iTunes Library. I believe that is the iCloud default to change the metadata to what it is in the iTunes Store when it "imports" your songs/playlists to enable matching and streaming. I don't know of any current way around it and I have seen reports of this all over the Internet forums.

I will let you know if I find anything further regarding the issue.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for getting back to me. I had a lot of trouble getting iCloud Music to work with my collection (iTunes 12.2.1), and finally gave up -- I think I have music files that are corrupted. However, I'm using Apple Music and it's really excellent so I probably won't worry about importing my collection, unless it's specific artists.

Ask a Question