Issues!

Reaction score
I have a black MacBook purchased in June or July of 2006. It has been running fine with no issues up until recently, when my clickpad began to work sporadically, but I could deal with that.

Today it fell off of a surface approximately 2 feet in height. It was operating fine after the initial fall, but a couple of hours later it did something similar to when a Windows-based machine freezes. The pinwheel popped up, as did several items and I couldn't click on anything to force a quit, restart or shut down, so I held the power button.

On restart, it loaded extremely slowly... like 5 minutes+ and is now moving very slowly. The pinwheel keeps popping up even when the trackpad is touched, although nothing seems to be lost.

When it reloaded, a window popped up in red and gray with an alert but it vanished before either my fiance or I could read it. At this time, everything seems to be very delayed and it is certainly not running like normal.

I have not tried to connect to the internet or anything of the sort since the reload. Any ideas on what has happened or what can be done? I would really like to avoid sending it in for repair, as I can't afford to be without my notebook for so long, but if I have to I guess I have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the OS is Tiger btw

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Some useful Shortcuts:

• To bring up the force quit window for apps: Option + Command + Esc
  • To restart: Control + Option + Command + Eject
  • To logout: Shift + Command + Q

Try booting your MB from the Install DVD/CD and run the Apple Hardware Test to check things out. You can also run Disc Utility from the Install DVD/CD to repair the internal HD. :)

Reaction score
i thought about doing that...but the only problem is i cant remember if the OS disk came with the laptop or not. if they did i cant find them any ware. is there another way to run tests...or am i going to have to purchase a new osx disk?

Reaction score
Where did you purchase your macbook? If you purchased brand new from a store, it most definately came with discs. Try and find the book that it came with because sometimes the disc is sealed in the packet with the book.

Ask a Question