Passwords and ID issues

TedP

Reaction score
I haven't used my Mac min for a couple of years but have now decided to get back into it .
I have successfully updated my Apple ID and password.
When I switch on the MM it opens to a login screen with my user name and asking for a password. I enter the password I set up with my apple ID but that is rejected.
If I don't enter a password at the login screen and simply press the Enter key the MM then opens to the desktop OK.
I then tried to update the OS only to find the whislt the High Sierra update seemed to have been download and installed it actually didn't. When I check on system updates I'm asked to enter the password. I tried the one I set up for the Apple ID but that is not accepted . I then tried to create a new administrator but could not do that because again I need a password.
I'm really as a loss re what to do next . Any help and guidance would really be appreciated

Ad

Advertisements

Lufbrarunner

Reaction score
The apple ID password is not the one you need to log into your mac mini.

Ad

Advertisements

TedP

Reaction score
The apple ID password is not the one you need to log into your mac mini.
Thanks . I've solved the problem. I manged to find the original notes I created when I first purchased and set up the Mac Mini in 2014

Ask a Question