SOLVED Issue with Finder for one specific folder (Sonoma)

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a MacBook Air (M2, 16 GB memory) running Sonoma 14.0.

I have a problem when I use Finder on one specific folder (on my iCloud drive): I folder which I have since a long time and which contains many files. In that specific folder, Finder allows me to create a new folder, but that’s pretty much all I can do.

IN that specific folder, Finder does not allow me to rename any folder or delete any folders (I get a never-ending window saying “Moving “untitled folder” to Bin”, but never actually completing the task, or I get the message “untitled folder can’t be renamed right now because another operation is in progress, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Bin.”)

Similarly I cannot move in or out files from that specific folder (a “preparing to move to” window never ends, or I get an error like “file XY can’t be moved right now because it’s being used by another task, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Bin. Try again when the current task is complete.”)

BUT: everything seems to work perfectly fine if I do the above (rename folders, moving files, etc. …) either from the Terminal (e.g. rm -d 'untitled folder') or from the iCloud web interface (https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/).

I tried to reboot many times, tried “safe mode” (same problem with Finder), deleted Finder’s com.apple.finder.plist, …

Any suggestions of what can be wrong?
Thanks!

Ask a Question