Is this for real?

Reaction score
I have not seen this before and I would like to know if it is a warning from Apple or a scam?
please advise Derek
Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 12.16.03 PM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It is definitely a scam. I get that every now and then. Just close the window, and if you can't, force quit the browser.

It is always a good thing to run Malwarebytes from time to time, and if you are truly concerned, ClamXAV as well.

C

Reaction score
Thank you both for replying....I was on E-Bay.
I will download Malwarebytes. Thanks again.

Reaction score
You're welcome.

Actually, Apple would never send out something like that (nor any other reputable firm). That scam message reminds me of the "Windows Support" phone calls I get from time to time. And even if I answer one of them and tell them (in a nasty manner!) that I have a Mac, they STILL call me back!

GPS

Reaction score
You're welcome.

Actually, Apple would never send out something like that (nor any other reputable firm). That scam message reminds me of the "Windows Support" phone calls I get from time to time. And even if I answer one of them and tell them (in a nasty manner!) that I have a Mac, they STILL call me back!

When I get those calls, I usually ask them to hold on for a moment, then say, as though I think they can't hear me, "Hey, Bob, I got a live one here. How soon can we get a team out there on the ground?"

Alternatively, I suggest they look for honest work.

Reaction score
Re Malwarebytes: If I'm not mistaken, their premium version (for a few bucks/month) offers some protection against identity theft that is not in their free version, or something like that. Probably worth looking into. I think they're a helluva good company!

Reaction score
Yes, Malwarebytes is an excellent product. What's better is ClamXav. I actually just recently purchased it (had been using demo versions), and I am glad I did.

Ask a Question