RealPlayer

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There is/was a Mac version of RealPlayer. It is kind of hard to find now, since Real has discontinued development and support for it. You can still download the latest version from here:

RealPlayer - 12.0.1

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Correct. Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, I just had other stuff to finish first. Volume works in everything else.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...we're all busy. ;)

Not sure why you wouldn't get any audio...I don;t have RealPlayer installed on this Mac. I will install it on one of my other Macs and see if I can come up with some troubleshooting steps.

C

Reaction score
Here's what I'm doing:
Our church records our services, and I take the chip and run it through the Everio software (PC-only software supplied by the camera manufacturer), then I run it through Any Video Converter Ultimate (also a PC version) to get it to a FLV or a WMA format. FLV is what our website uses with JWPlayer to display the videos.

I copied over one of the already processed videos to my Mac, and RealPlayer plays it, but no audio.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If you need help finding Mac replacements for Windows software, just let us know and we'll give you suggestions if we can.

Be well,

C

Reaction score
I just made a list. I've looked for most of this with no results (or the ones I found were TOO expensive-need free or close to free).

Everio MediaBrowser (PIXELA CORPORATION)-I cannot find a MAC version
DreamWeaver (Adobe)
Any Video Converter Ultimate (Anvsoft Software)
Paint Shop Pro (JASC Software)
Handspring Palm Software (HotSync Manager)-for my Palm Visor

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...here we go:

Everio MediaBrowser
-Which model JVC camera? It may be supported in iMovie.

Dreamweaver
-Dreamweaver CC is $19.99/month.
-KompoZer - Free, open source
-Amaya - Free, open source
-BlueGriffon - Free, open source

Any Video Converter Ultimate
-Smart Converter Pro 2 - $14.99
-MacX Video Converter Pro - $34.99
-iSkysoft Video Converter - $34.99

Paint Shop Pro
-Pixelmator - $29.99
-Affinity Photo - $49.99
-Affinity Designer - $49.99 (more like Illustrator)
-Photos (Apple) The upcoming version will have far more editing capability - should be a free update for existing Photos users.

Handspring Palm Software (HotSync Manager)
-You're pretty much out of luck with any Palm devices, since Handspring went out of business in 2003, and HP killed the Palm devices in 2011.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question