Is there a document-editing app for either iMac or iPad, similar to those in earlier years?

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here…have been using Macs since the mid 90’s, when having word processing applications I once liked, being easy and straightforward. For a while, I was allowing my older computer to go the wayside while using an iPad mini and iPad, having finally replaced the iMac in recent months. Any word processing app I’ve seen I have not liked as ones in years gone by, and would also like one that is Free, if possible. I appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What is the name of the word processing applications you liked from the past? The main word processing applications of today are Apple Pages, Microsoft Word, Google Docs (web-based with a Google account), etc.

C

Reaction score
Hi, sorry I hadn’t responded earlier.. (distracted). Well, in earlier days, having used AppleWorks, Quark Express, then TextEditor. There may have been others, but I like having a page layout, font style and sizing displayed, being easy to navigate within. I have some apps on my iPad that do not show font style or sizing, formatting. I don’t care to choose something from Google, Pages did not seem so great. Anyway, just wanting to simplify.

Reaction score
Pages is the best, all the power of Word with the benefit of adding, cropping, placing and editing images. Quite a user-friendly interface and you can use it for the simplest or most complicated of docs. I migrated from Word 2 decades ago and have never looked back

Ask a Question