ERROR MESSAGE: 'The Document "*File name*" could not be exported as "*file name*" '

Reaction score
I keep getting this error message when attempting to export any kind of file, even using methods which I have used many times before...
For example when exporting a PDF as PNG I get this message.
Even when I tried to take a screenshot of it and give it a name in preview in order to illustrate this question, I got the same error message again!

What is causing it and how do I fix it so that I can do the Exporting I so desperately need to do!?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Note what version of Photoshop. ? (also what computer & system would help) you have not explained as to wethere you are using Photoshop to export, or exporting though bridge.? below is export in photoshop, and next export in bridge.

1 are you using any non-text characters in the file name.? some like "-" and "&" etc can conflict with unix's naming constraints.

2 are you trying to exports using a file name that already exists... trying to save a PSd with a Name also used by a Jpeg is allowed, but check you already don't have files using the file name you want to export as.

3. try saving a Psd as a Jpeg just to see if it will do that if it won't then you have problems. there is a difference between saving and exporting.

4. have you used "Export as".?

regards, Sandy

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 14.41.04pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 14.41.58pm.jpg

Ask a Question