iPod won't download entire Library

Reaction score
I just purchased a 160gb iPod Classic on eBay it's from China and looks like an iPod. I hooked it up and sync'd my library with it and it only down loaded 1/3 of the songs. I'm no expert, did I do something wrong or Did I get a phony iPod?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

This can happen for several reasons:
-Incompatible version of iTunes
-Failing drive in the iPod
-Incompatible format of songs
-iPod hard drive has been replaced

A few questions:
-Can you upload screenshots of the iPod - back case, About page?
-Which version of OS on iPod - 1.1.1?

We'll see what we can do to help.

C

Reaction score
Let me ask you a question,I might be over reacting. When I hooked up the iPod, it started downloading the songs. It was showing the progress of the download by showing how many songs had been downloaded. 500 of 3780, 650 of 3780 etc.. I have 9116 songs in my library. When I checked the capacity bar at the bottom of the screen, it said the Audio had 9116 songs. Am I mistaken thinking it did not download the entire library?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Which capacity bar in iTunes - the one for the iPod sync? You could always check on the iPod itself. I can't remember where on the older iPod software versions, but I think there is an About and/or Music choice in the menus that should tell you how many songs are on the iPod and how much free space is left. Also, because it is older, it could take a while to sync all 9116 songs.

C

Reaction score
Hi,

I love the classics and have many. :)

Just one question have you done a hard reset on the classic?

Press the Menu and select buttons simultaneously and hold for at least 6 seconds or until the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. The Apple logo signals that your iPod is resetting itself. Once done reconnect to iTunes go to music and only select five tracks. This should delete everything else. Once done unmounted the iPod then remount it and select your library.

Ask a Question