Can we drag videos and music from a folder onto our iPods and iPhones?

Reaction score
On Mojave, I have to add music first to iTunes, then drag it to my iPod; my iPhone won't take music that way because it's got the iCloud Music option on. If iTunes is gone in Catalina, how can I drag more music from a folder on my SSD onto my iPhone or iPod? Can it be done directly? At all? What about videos?
I have a ton of music and videos that I haven't put into iTunes on my latest MacBook because iTunes sucks. Also, I'd really like to eventually just have the media on my iPod and iPhone and NOT on my Mac.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since Catalina is still in beta, we don't know much about the actual changes until it is finalized and officially released to the public.

That said, iTunes is evolving into separate apps - Music, TV, and Podcasts. I am sure there will still be a way to manually manage music.

Maybe this article will help (should work for iPods as well): No More iTunes. How to use Finder in macOS Catalina to Sync and Restore iPhone

C

Ask a Question