iPod and camera won't connect

Reaction score
The last time I tried to connect my iPod it wouldn't show up on my screen, nor was it connected to iTunes. I left it plugged in to the USB port overnight and next morning it was showing up. Weird! But the next time I tried it was back to not connecting.And now my camera won't show up either - exactly the same kind of scenario. Maddening. I've tried shutting down and starting again but this time no luck. Both iPod and camera have been connecting easily for years. What's changed? I have an iMac 10.7.5

Reaction score
Are you seeing either in Image Capture?

If you mean does it show on desktop screen - no. But having left iPod connected for about 40 mins just now I got a message saying it was in a low powered USB port (1) and should be connected to a USB (2) if available. I don't know how to assess this but I'm pretty sure all ports are the same and I have not had this very slow issue previously using the same port.

Reaction score
No I mean the Application Image Capture.
But don't worry.

Do you have any other devices plugged in via USB?

You could try a SMU reset.

Ask a Question