Ipod Photo Problem

Reaction score
:confused:
I have a video ipod. I have at least 200 photos on it right now. i dont have a camera so the way i put photos on it of my favorite bands and stuff is by copying and pasting them into a folder on my desktop called my pictures.I programmed my ipod photo prefrences so that when i plug in my ipod the photos automatically sync into my ipod from "My Pictures."My computer crashed and i'm afraid to plug in my ipod because I think that all my photos will be erased with whats in the new folder on my desktop.What should I do?

Reaction score
Hello Meowpew91, and weclome to the formus :)

Have you got a CD or DVD writer? If so, you can back up your photographs on disc (along with any other information) and then try the iPod again.

Make sure the photo's you are putting on the ipod have the correct file extensions, in that, if the iPod photo only takes .jpeg format, then all your photo's need to be saved as a.jpeg before transferrence to the iPod. :)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there meowpew91 and welcome,

I would do as kyomii suggests and back up the folder on the desktop with all the piccies in. If you don't have a alternate place to back them up to, just duplicate the folder on your Mac.

The iPod has no way of erasing the images on your hard drive.

Are the images in the folder the exact same as on your iPod ?

Or do you have piccies on the iPod that you don't have on your Mac ?

regards

Ric

karazelle

Reaction score
Sync usually means to compare contents and make the folders equal. This SHOULD only be a problem/danger if you have files with the same names on your PC. Actually, it should be clever enough to handle that issue as well.

If this is a new installation, isn't it the PC/Mac that does the actual syncing, not your iPod? I'd believe nothing will happen if you plug your iPod in now until you tell your PC to sync to my pictures again, and then you'd get the above scenario.

You don't write if you have a PC or a Mac... Since you write "My Pictures", I wonder if you have a PC... Unfortunately I have never used the iPod on a PC.

Reaction score
You don't write if you have a PC or a Mac... Since you write "My Pictures", I wonder if you have a PC.

I second that. I am not sure what procedures you need to do since I haven't used an iPod with Picture capabilities on a PC.

Ric

Reaction score
In theory, the process/solution is the same regardless of whether it's plugged into a PC or a Mac (good spot by the way).

1) Backup the files on the 'computer'

2) Then plug in the iPod.

Let us know what happens...if it doesn't come up then it may need re initialising...we can direct you through that if needed !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question