Move Photos from iPod to MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dick

Greetings,

Went out for breakfast & errands one Saturday morn in April & returned to find that my house had been broken ino & G4 stolen -- but they missed the iPod Photo.

I have moved the music from my pod to my spankin' new MacBook Pro using iPody Copy, but can find no way to move the photos from the pod.

How can I transfer my photos from iPod Photo to MacBook pro?

thanks,

dick

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'll have to check on the Wifeys iPod, but as far as I'm aware the 'photos' are just hidden.

Use the App below to 'show' invisibles...plug in the ipod, disk mode, then find the photos and copy them off.

I would imagine that they will have funny names.

I'll check on Wifeys tomorrow,

regards

Ric

Attachments

• Invisibility 1.0.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,168
D

dick

Ric,
Thanks for Invisibility...it does make the unseen, seeable.
Now if you have something that can make the unknowable, knowable...it'll be huge).

So I tried Invisible...saw the Photo folder on my my iPod but the folder could not be opened. The message stated that the files were 'in an unrecgnized format'. Yet I can see the photos on my pod...so close yet so far away.

thanks,
dick

Ric

Reaction score
No problem,

My wife has the iPod Photo I shall investigate it tonight, and let you know where they are.

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

have plugged in Wifeys iPod...

From what I can see the photos are all stored in this folder...

ithmbimage.jpg

Unfortunately they are all in a proprietary format...

However, I have found this site that has an Application that will allow you to recover the files.

They are not the same quality of the originals though, when you put photos on the iPod Photo it down samples them !

regards

Ric

D

dick

Hi Ric,

Tried KeithsiPodPhotoReaderand got over a hundred photos onto my MacBook Pro. They went to the 'iPod Library' folder inside 'Pictures' in my home folder.

I can open them, individually, in Preview. I just can't import them into iPhoto. The error message says "file could not be imported. (The file is in the iPhoto Library folder)."

dick

P.S. Just thought to move the file to the desktop and then try to import. It worked -- the photos are in iPhoto. And you're right -- picture quality is lost in the process but I'm glad to have them back. Thanks very much for your help.

Ric

Reaction score
No problem,

glad we could help !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Maybe open iPhoto or Image Capture and then connect your iPod. Either of these applications should allow you to import the photos to your computer.
Know more about How to transfer or sync iPod photos to Mac, which included the detailed tutorials of how to transfer your pictures from iPod to Mac.
Hope it can do you a favor.
Good luck!

Reaction score
Keep your iPod in manual mode until you have reloaded your iTunes and you are happy with your playlists etc then it will be safe to return it auto-sync. I would also advise that you get yourself an external hard drive and back your stuff up, relying on an iPod as your sole backup is not a good idea and external drives are comparatively inexpensive these days, you can get loads of storage for a reasonable outlay.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this info! It worked great! And it doesn't appear like I've lost any quality like other have mentioned. However, I just noticed the dates of your postings...and am quite amazed that Apple hasn't included a patch in the new systems to include this feature. Thx, Dee Dee

Reaction score
That is exactly what I want to do also. I managed to save my music in that way with a software called senuti. But I did not find a solution to transfer the photos from ipod to mac so far.
Maybe open iPhoto or Image Capture and then connect your iPod. Either of these applications should allow you to import the photos to your computer.
Know more about How to transfer or sync iPod photos to Mac, which included the detailed tutorials of how to transfer your pictures from iPod to Mac.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question