iPhone browser keeps encountering problems and re-loading

Reaction score
I dropped my iPhone 7 and upgraded to 13.5 within a 2-3 day time span. Now for the past few weeks my browsers (safari and DuckDuckGo) have been encountering errors with websites, re-loading, and eventually failing to re-load them more often than in the past. I can temporarily fix the issue by doing a manual reset. Are there any more permanent solutions? And was it most likely the upgrade or the drop that caused this? If the former, can I just uninstall it?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-How much free space is left?
-How many apps are open simultaneously?
-Have you tried clearing the history and website data for Safari and DuckDuckGo apps?
-Do you restart your iPhone every day?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-How much free space is left?
-How many apps are open simultaneously?
-Have you tried clearing the history and website data for Safari and DuckDuckGo apps?
-Do you restart your iPhone every day?

C

- I have 105 GB of free space.
- Mostly no more than 2, and usually only 1.
- Did that for Safari. And I downloaded DuckDuckGo right after the problem started.
-No, I only restart it when I have problems.
Thanks!

Reaction score
I haven’t had issues with other apps

OK, thanks.

I am not sure the drop or iOS 13.5 install are related, but they could be.

Do you have connectivity issues with other apps - Mail, iCloud, apps that connect to the Internet?

Maybe this would help: How to Reset Your iOS Device’s Network Settings and Fix Connection Issues

C

Just took a look at that, and what I can say is that my problem does not seem to be related to connectivity. Plus, I kind of dread the idea of having to re-login to my networks, would rather only use that as a last resort. And if this is helpful, when I get the error message the pages say “webpage crashed” at the top. So I guess that’s the best way to describe what’s happening.

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibility try this, remove / delete all website database and clear cache and cookies.

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I am not sure the drop or iOS 13.5 install are related, but they could be.

Do you have connectivity issues with other apps - Mail, iCloud, apps that connect to the Internet?

Maybe this would help: How to Reset Your iOS Device’s Network Settings and Fix Connection Issues

C

Since the other thing I tried didn’t work, and Mail is beginning to crash sometimes as well, I’m willing to try this. I’ve had apps crash to the home page, and even to a blank screen with a loading symbol (maybe because I was in low battery mode?). But I don’t seem to have experienced connectivity issues, and this has been happening with two different WiFi networks. And for some reason, turning my phone on and off temporarily fixes it. So, how do I know if this will work?

Ask a Question