Microphone to ipad and iphone

Reaction score
just bought a blue snowball mic for making music videos for our church and want to use either iphone or ipad. The cord that comes with this microphone is usb. What cord do I need to add to the supplied usb mic cord to lighting input on apple ipad. And...do I need a powered hub. Thanks for an answer. I am not real familiar with tech stuff.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If you purchased the standard Blue Snowball with USB, it won't connect directly without some additional adapters and possibly a powered USB hub. There are iOS device-specific microphone that connect directly.

-Which exact model Blue Snowball mic?
-Which model iPhone/iPad?
-What version of iOS?

This seems to work with the Blue Snowball and an iPhone/iPad: How to Connect an External Microphone to your iOS Device

There are some microphones on Apple's website that may be easier to connect, like the Shure MOTIV MV5 and Apogee MiC Plus USB Microphone, but they are much more expensive than the Blue Snowball.

Apple Store - Microphones

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Thank for your response. It is a regular blue snowball mic....don't see a version or model. We have 2 iphones, 7plus and 8 plus both running
13.3.1 system. Both of our ipads are system 12.4.5. I have tried on google search and its very confusing. Wish we could get a better mic, but since we are not going to video after the virus has retreated??? the snowball was recommended by another performer. I will write down your suggestions for a better microphone, so later we can do a purchase. But, could you help with a connection cord. what does the usb cord plug into and the other end would be for iphone or ipad. We have acces to a power hub if needed. thanks so much for the help and suggestions.

Reaction score
thank you Cory. I will go on amazon look for one. Also will read your article referenced. Most appreciated for your time.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Let us know how it works out, or if you have additional questions.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

Ask a Question