Cannot reply to emails from iPhone

Reaction score
My email account has been operating successfully for some time on my iPhone 7, but recently I have not been able to reply to emails received. I get this notice: "Cannot Send Mail. The sender address was invalid".

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of iOS?
-How may email accounts are setup?
-Who are the email providers?
-Are you using the Mail app?

C

Reaction score
iOS 13.5.1 Only one account in MAIL, but I have two other web mail accounts separately on the phone. Yes, I am using the Mail app. The email provider is iinet.net.au

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I assume the account is setup as IMAP using the following steps from the iiNet support website: Email setup on iPhone and iPad

If you have the account setup on other computers/devices, and it is setup as IMAP on your iPhone, then it may be best to simply try deleting the account and re-adding it on the iPhone following those steps. If it is setup as POP on the iPhone, you may lose any email that you have put in folders or sent from the iPhone, so it would be wise to check on other devices that your mail is visible, and make sure your iPhone is backed up before proceeding.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

C

Reaction score
I have deleted the account but there is another problem. Before my first post on this I tried to find out if it was possible to put the Webmail (iinet) version of the same account on the phone. There was no app but there was seemingly something (which I didn't understand) that could be installed to give access to the webmail. So silly me downloaded it. Then when I went into "Accounts" on the phone there was a lot of extra stuff there--iiNetEmail, iinetCalDAV, iiNetCard. Now even though I have deleted the initial account these are still there. I really don't need the webmail. I have the phone backed up on Cloud and thought about a factory reset, but I suppose putting the backup on the phone means that the problem is still there. Right?

Ask a Question