Cannot change my compromised iCloud account

Reaction score
Everday for the past three years I recieve a message saying finish changing your icloud passord on my mac. ccasionally I will change it, but this has no effect. Still this morning I wanted to try again. I enter all relevent info, and it comes to two step verification. The really scary thing is, the last two digits of my phone # have sddenly changed. Honestly before the Cloud, evverything related to my Mac was simple and straitfowrd. How in the world could someone have changed my verification phone number w/o access to my iphone. It is touvh ID protected btw. There must be a serious security flaw in apple. Any How would I change my password and phone number back. The only thing that I beleve hasn't chnged is the actual Apple ID.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Due to the VERY stringent Apple security protocols, it would honestly be best to contact Apple directly. The phone number in your Apple ID account should never change, unless you change it yourself.

Frankly, there isn't much we can help with because of that, and we would hate to suggest anything that would further add to the issue, or permanently lock your Apple ID account.

Let us know how it goes,

C

Ask a Question