iPhone 4S and iOS7

Reaction score
Hi all,

This may be useful to others and save you time. I upgraded my 4s as soon as iOS7 became available and up until today had no issues.

But this evening found phones WiFi off and greyed out. Went through settings and reset networks to no avail, :( then spent a further 2 hours trying to solve the issue by various means without any success. :confused:So finally decided to connect to iTunes and do a restore back 3 days. This worked just fine :)and the only things I had to replace was minor like wallpaper and photos.

Moral is possibly should have done this first and saved a couple of frustrating hours.;) As later reading the net found it is one of Apples suggestions for this issue.

Reaction score
Interesting. The only issue I've had since updating my 4S to iOS 7 was finding the things that have moved. Back when my iPhone was new, it used to crash the cellular connection in some strange way that required powering off to resolve the issue.
But yes, it's really important to connect your iOS devices to iTunes and do a manual backup before you upgrade your OS, then do another backup after you've completed the update and done all the App Store updates. iCloud is awesome for normal backups, but when contemplating a major OS update, a full backup is essential!

Reaction score
Hi,

Spoke to soon, WiFi dropped again and after I did the above still no joy:(:confused:, spoke to Apple and they said book a GB appointment ASAP so going in on thursday of this week. Will post back out come.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope you can get it sorted oldscribe. I've upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS7 and everything seems to be working ok. It's a little laggy at times, but not too bad. I do prefer the way some things work in iOS6 (especially the calendar), but the improvements in the browser are very welcome.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian, I was generally enjoying iOS7, also now find that no translation Apps work either so maybe there was an update glitch.

Reaction score
Hi,

Just as a follow up, the GB tech tried to wipe and rese and do his magic. Phone was having non of it and still displayed the same symptom's:(
Bottom line he thought that the update had been corrupted in some way and damaged some hardware As the phone was just out of warranty (14 days) he saw the manager and at his discretion I was given replacement 4s phone free of charge, he then went through the iCloud procedure to put back settings such as contacts and calendar etc.
Got home connected to iTunes and to cut it short have all back as it was.
Ten out of ten to the Apple store and there staff for friendliness, support.:):)

Last edited:

Ask a Question