IPad won't update -

Reaction score
I have an iPad Air, model# MF004LL/B running OS: 12.5.5. I'm not sure how old it is but whenever I get the little red dot notification that I need to update the software, I do. I've gotten another notification but when I click on software update I immediately get a pop up box that says "Unable to Check for Update". error occurred..... When I click "Try Again", the same thing happens. I've tried several times for over a week and get the same result. With the same net connection I've successfully updated my iPhone. I don't know what to do next. Help. ps. Is it possible that my iPad processor is too old/slow to accept the new update?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I would first try enabling Airplane Mode. Make sure the date & time are correct. Then, completely quit all apps, delete all Wi-Fi networks in Settings. Power the iPad off then back on, and rejoin a Wi-Fi network. Then try to check for updates.

C

Ask a Question