E-mail from iPad won't send

Reaction score
I use my Mac Book pro, OS mountain Lion, to share with my iPad 2 e-mail. I receive fine but can not send due to incorrect outgoing smtp setting. I use the same setting thats on the MB Pro mail preferences, but no joy.
I can receive and send from my Yahoo e-mail account fine on the iPad so feel sure it's the outgoing setting on my iPad thats wrong...HELP

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

I use the same setting thats on the MB Pro mail preferences, but no joy.

This should be the same IE mail.whatever.com. What is the mail server giving you issues?
If gmail then try the following.
Outgoing server > smtp.gmail.com
Incoming server > imap.gmail.com

Try using port 993, and check the box use SSL

Reaction score
We find that if the iPad Mail Account gets gliched you are better off just deleting it from the iPad and adding a new one with the right settings. Also you have to be online with a good strong signal to the mail servers while setting up.

Reaction score
Strange things going on, now I still get mail but none of the other web sites will connect, home Yahoo page or any thing but incoming mail...

Will try recycling modem and then have to take wife to birthday dinner.

Reaction score
WOW, turned out to be a simple fix.. A complete reset of the iPad and every thing works as it should, except still can't send e-mail on Mac Mail.

Reaction score
Hi,

Did you set this account up manually or via sync in iTunes?
Also again what is the email account that has the issue.

Reaction score
My issue was with my iPad. I could receive mail but not send. In trying various fixes, I got the iPad to where it wouldn't open any web site at all, Did a reset and it fixed THAT issue but now I can't receive e-mail or send mail on my iPad. I can still send and receive with my yahoo mail account.

The mail password is incorrect and I have tried every one I have ever used but still haven't hit the right one.

Did a sync and still no mail. Tried to contact my ISP but can't find my security answer on their web page. going to try to contact them by phone , we'll see what happens. Oh the joy in computers....

Reaction score
Hi,
Original by grybeard
The mail password is incorrect and I have tried every one I have ever used but still haven't hit the right one.

Are passwords are very different, let us know how you get on, but think ISP will sort the issue for you, re lost password for mail.

Reaction score
got ISP on the phone and reset password but still can't get Mac mail to work on my iPad. Tomorrow I will try to delete account on iPad and re register all info and we'll see what happens...

Reaction score
Hi,

Am sure Kavemans hint will work now you have password fixed, would still like to know ISP mail server to double check settings.

Reaction score
Kaveman was right on, I finally deleted the existing mail account on my iPad, synced with iTunes and renewed my mail settings and eureka, I can now send and receive mail on my iPad again.

Thank you all for suggestions.

Ask a Question