SOLVED IPad series 5 startup frozen

Reaction score
Hi all, Having startup problem with my iPad series 5. It was working yesterday without problems but sometime during recharge overnight this problem developed. I now cannot boot and get stuck on the startup page (white background with black apple logo). It constantly restarts after a few minutes but does not seem to get anywhere. Though I close the cover, it also remains on at the same page and I am unable to proceed any further and cannot even switch it off. The start button at top does not work, neither the home button, nor the volume buttons. I am using the latest OS version for this model (at least I was yesterday).
This morning I tried to access it via my Imac (Catalina 10.15.7) but the iPad does not show up with Finder though it is connected via lightning cable which works fine with my iphone 5 and ipad mini 2.
As always, any advice will be gratefully received.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Do you know if the storage was almost full before the issue occurred?

Do you need any of the data on the iPad, as it may be best to simple put it in DFU mode and erase it completely.

C

Reaction score
G'day Cory,
Firstly, storage was nowhere near full the day before... BUT... I did make some changes to my iCloud account just B4 I shut down for the evening (before this problem bit me the next morning). As they say in the classics, "oh #hit". I have not used DFU mode previously, but I will do some research and see what I can learn,
Once again... interesting times.
Thanks Cory, I will let you know how things go.
Cheers

Reaction score
G'day again,
Sorry to be a pain, but what on earth does this message mean? The DFU option failed so I took the other option given by the OS on my iMac (10.15.7) which was restore. This seems to have almost finished when... boom! error code 35??? See file below - Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.03.36 pm. If an error is unknown how does it have an allocated error number?
Next thing was a message from Apple reminding me that I "could help Apple improve its products..." so I clicked OK - Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.23.58 pm. Now I have an iPad that does not respond to any input, & will not even accept power.
Hmmmm I did write "interesting times" B4 didn't I? I wish I didn't now. :mad: Any ideas will now be even more gratefully received.
Thanks mate.
Cheers

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.03.36 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.23.58 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.23.58 pm.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1666595287470.png
    1666595287470.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
G'day again all,
I still have this problem described in my earlier emails with my "latest" iPad (all of which which I have been very happy with) crashing and I am at a complete loss to understand what has happened and how it can be fixed.
I don't understand how this has happened nor how the error can be "unknown" by the company producing both the related hardware and software - both OS & corrective systems.
I reckon that if there is a problem that is so critical that good quality hardware can be rendered unworkable, then it must surely be known and either fixed or a work-around produced.
I admit to being an old f%*# having started in IT back in the early 1960's, grew up with machine code, Fortran, PL1, and Cobol, acoustic couplers & 1200 baud modems. I have owned & worked on weird computers before Bill Gates left High School, I now have both IBM & Mac machines (admittedly they are not current models) in my fantasy room... and right now I am feeling very sorry for myself. :(
May all your futures occur in UNinteresting times.
Cheers... ( I feel better now)

Reaction score
Hi all, Having startup problem with my iPad series 5. It was working yesterday without problems but sometime during recharge overnight this problem developed. I now cannot boot and get stuck on the startup page (white background with black apple logo). It constantly restarts after a few minutes but does not seem to get anywhere. Though I close the cover, it also remains on at the same page and I am unable to proceed any further and cannot even switch it off. The start button at top does not work, neither the home button, nor the volume buttons. I am using the latest OS version for this model (at least I was yesterday).
This morning I tried to access it via my Imac (Catalina 10.15.7) but the iPad does not show up with Finder though it is connected via lightning cable which works fine with my iphone 5 and ipad mini 2.
As always, any advice will be gratefully received.
Hi all,
Best this thread be closed as this iPad of mine is apparently unfixable. I purchased a refurbished later model today and will attempt to regain data and apps from Apple store and backups.
Cheers.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize for dropping the ball and not getting back to you.

Yes, sounds like some sort of hardware issue. The only other thing to try would be to use a different cable and connect it to another computer.

Hope the refurb is working for you.

Be well,

C

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize for dropping the ball and not getting back to you.

Yes, sounds like some sort of hardware issue. The only other thing to try would be to use a different cable and connect it to another computer.

Hope the refurb is working for you.

Be well,

C
Hi Cory,
No worries, the day you drop the ball will really be something else. The refurbished series 6 iPad works fine and looks like most if not all recovered. I reckon that rates as a win.
Cheers,
J

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. ;)

Glad to here it is pretty much resolved.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question