iPad OS 9.3.5 problem

Reaction score
I have a 5 year old iPad, model no:MD528B/A. It works fine for a few minutes , then starts to oscillate wildly, jumping between applications, and tools within the applications. I suspect this is because of the older operating system. my machine tells me it is up to date, but I think there is a conflict. Please advise. It is a good little machine when it works correctly.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have seen that issue previously. Most of the time it is a software issue. First, try a force restart - "Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo," then let go of the buttons.

If that doesn't work, make sure all of your data (including photos) is backed up to the cloud or a computer and Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings. You will lose all data on the device performing this action.

If those don't work, then it may be a hardware issue.

Let us know,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have seen that issue previously. Most of the time it is a software issue. First, try a force restart - "Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo," then let go of the buttons.

If that doesn't work, make sure all of your data (including photos) is backed up to the cloud or a computer and Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings. You will lose all data on the device performing this action.

If those don't work, then it may be a hardware issue.

Let us know,

C
well - I did a factory reset and it seems to have stabilised the machine. BUT AND IT's A VERY BIG BUT - I can no longer download Pges onto the machine as iOS 9.3.5. is not compatible with the Pges that is available from the app store. Where can I find a compatible version to down load? Sometimes Apple makes me want to exhume Steve Jobs and ....oh never mind. Please help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad to hear things have settled.

When you go to download Pages from the App Store, it should prompt you to install an older version that is compatible. Does it not do that?

C

Reaction score
Glad to hear things have settled.

When you go to download Pages from the App Store, it should prompt you to install an older version that is compatible. Does it not do that?

C
Does not do that - just tells me that my iPad is not compatible. AND....I thought things had settled, but after using the iPad this morning for perhaps five minutes, the same symptoms are back. I think it may be bin time....

Reaction score
Another thing. I thought I would reinstall Instagram. But... it is not available at the App Store. is this because my iPad uses iOS 9.3.5? Anyone?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the issue returned. If it continues, it may just be a hardware issue that will require repair/replacement.

The Instagram app was never made as a native app for the iPad. It is an iPhone app. If you have downloaded it previously, try the Purchased section in the App Store, and make sure you change iPad Apps to iPhone Apps, then search for it.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for that. it worked, but the iPad is still in jitter mode. I think it has to go.....

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Sorry the issue persists. One more thing to try would be a hard reset:

1. Hold the On/Off (Sleep/Wake) and Home buttons simultaneously
2. Keep holding them past the appearance of the power off slider and the screen will go black
3. When the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons, and let the iPad startup normally

Sometimes that will help. If not, it is definitely a hardware issue.

Good luck,

C

Ask a Question