IOS 15 and iTunes

Reaction score
Is it possible to still sync my iPhone upgraded to IOS 15 with iTunes 12.8.3 on my iMac running High Sierra. I am afraid to upgrade to 15 and lose the ability to sync downloaded library books to my phone books app as I can while running IOS 14.8. For many reasons, I can not upgrade beyond High Sierra on my iMac.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am pretty sure things will remain the same if you move to iOS 15, as it does support macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Which model iPhone?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I am pretty sure things will remain the same if you move to iOS 15, as it does support macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Which model iPhone?

C
I have an iPhone SE second edition. I guess I could make sure I back up my phone and if things don’t work out well I could reinstall the back up. Does that sound like a plan that’s feasible?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

OK, thanks. Absolutely sounds like a good plan, as it is always good to have a current backup of your data/files. It may be a bit tricky to "downgrade" back to iOS 14.8, as the backup doesn't "save" the iOS version itself.

But, I really think it will be fine and you will be able to sync the book files to it one way or another. Are these purchased through the Books app from Apple, or from another source?

C

Reaction score
I did not realize that the backups don't save the IOS version. That would be a problem.

They are MP3 audiobook files from my local library. they are meant to be listened to in the app Overdrive but I add them to my iTunes library and sync my phone with iTunes on my computer. Once in iTunes then I can return the book to the library but still have it to listen to in the Books app.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah, it only backs up your data, since you can purchase a new iPhone with iOS already installed, then restore your data during setup.

Technically, you are breaking licensing laws by keeping a copy of them outside the OverDrive app.

C

Ask a Question