IOS 15.1 will not install into iPhone7+

Reaction score
How to get iOS 15.1 to install into my iPhone7+ ?

I've tried it a dozen times.

Rebooted the phone 3 times.

Battery is 100%, and, connected to charger.

What to do??

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you tell us what exactly happens, and how far with regards to downloading and installing the update gets. Also do you get any messages?

Also are you running this update over WiFi or cellular?

Reaction score
Good day John,

Your difficulties may not be unique. I too tempted to install the iOS 15.*.* series of updates ( three sequentially ) in an iPhone 7+, and now have bizarre behaviour. Mine appears to be stuck in a boot loop and displays a battery health cycling between 1% to 100% within the span of one minute. Perhaps you should stay with your iOS 14. It may be more stable.

Reaction score
Dear Oldscribe,

From your reply to John one could infer that there are differences between WiFi and cellular when updating. Why would this be so? Is one method more reliable?

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes I would always have the device plugged and on WiFi, but having said that I did kill an iPhone 5s due to a bad intermitant WiFi connection at work some years ago.:(
Cellular is old school but works perfectly. :) Remember that to do this you must make sure WiFi is turned off.

Last edited:

Ask a Question