SOLVED Invaded By NG Player!!

Reaction score
In inadvertently downloaded NG Player, as requested By my Football teams web site.
I also got Opera & Advanced Mac Cleaner.
I have removed all I can but I cannot remove the files on my attachments, which are NG Players.
What can I do?
ps I tried to load the attachment screen shots but 'the file is too large'??
The files (419) are 'sports-player@2 etc - Kind PNG image
Also GKPlayerGameCell.strings

Reaction score
I have found two more files I cannot remove.

See attached
Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 14.08.35.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I think the first thing to would be to download and run Malwarebytes for Mac, then restart. It should find and delete any malware related issues.

Let us know how that goes.

C

Reaction score
Thank you Cory.;)

How do you remove dodgy files when the Mac tells you they cannot be deleted??

Like these?

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 14.08.35.png

Reaction score
The Terminal app is in the Utilities folder in Applications. To open it, open your Applications folder, then open Utilities and double-click on Terminal.
Make a note of where the files you want to delete are located i.e if they are in Downloads, type cd Downloads (this changes the directory to Downloads)then ls to list the files present,
then type sudo rm filename where filename is the file you want to delete (Sudo gives you root control as a SuperUser) press return, you may be asked to enter your password. repeat for each file or if possible use a wildcard e.g. *.png to delete all files ending with .png.
Be very careful what you delete using sudo if you are not 100% comfortable with the command line.

Reaction score
The Terminal app is in the Utilities folder in Applications. To open it, open your Applications folder, then open Utilities and double-click on Terminal.
Make a note of where the files you want to delete are located i.e if they are in Downloads, type cd Downloads (this changes the directory to Downloads)then ls to list the files present,
then type sudo rm filename where filename is the file you want to delete (Sudo gives you root control as a SuperUser) press return, you may be asked to enter your password. repeat for each file or if possible use a wildcard e.g. *.png to delete all files ending with .png.
Be very careful what you delete using sudo if you are not 100% comfortable with the command line.
A bit too complicated for me, me thinks.:eek:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you tell where the files are actually located and give us the path?

C

Reaction score
I cannot find the nasty files on my Computer, but when I launch Find Any File it lists them.
It is worth noting that the 'sports files' are gone.
There was just one on my FAF search and I was allowed to delete it.
The GK Player files have reduced to 39 but I still cannot delete them?

GKPlayer.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...I see you are using the Find Any File app. It should show the path at the bottom of its window when you click on a single file:

resultstree.png

This example shows the path as: /Users/admin/Library/Preferences/ByHost

Click on a single file in the results window and let us know what its path is,

C

Reaction score
OK...I see you are using the Find Any File app. It should show the path at the bottom of its window when you click on a single file:

resultstree.png

This example shows the path as: /Users/admin/Library/Preferences/ByHost

Click on a single file in the results window and let us know what its path is,

C
GK.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The GK files are part of Apple's Game Center, which syncs your gaming scores between your iOS devices and Macs. You shouldn't try to delete them, as they are part of OS X.

So, if the rest of those files are gone, you're probably good to go.

C

Ask a Question