installing after downloading help

Reaction score
thanks!! i am attaching 2 more screen shots of what it does when i try to install other things maybe you know which program i need to choose ??

O.K. Version Tracker Pro is compatible with Panther so it should have opened. Try this, click once on the Version Tracker Pro dmg and hit the command and I keys. When the info window pops up, make sure that DiskImageMounter.app appears in the box that's under "Open with". See attachment. This is sounding like it may be system related. The apps that open dmg's, Installers, and zips are located in your System Library. If they are not there, you can't open these. Did your friend give you a Panther Installation Disc by any chance? Have you tried repairing permissions? I've placed Version Tracker Pro in a zip for you (See Link), do zips open for you?
http://snipr.com/2y25p-av3uc1

Attachments

• FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 246
Reaction score
ummm lol the white one. idk. oh god i am a ditz:p

Well, that narrows it down to all of 'em. :D
If you want to find out about your Mac, click on the Apple logo at the top left of your screen and click on "About this Mac". If you want to delve even deeper, click on the "More info" button on the "About this Mac" window.

Reaction score
O.K. Version Tracker Pro is compatible with Panther so it should have opened. Try this, click once on the Version Tracker Pro dmg and hit the command and I keys. When the info window pops up, make sure that DiskImageMounter.app appears in the box that's under "Open with". See attachment. This is sounding like it may be system related. The apps that open dmg's, Installers, and zips are located in your System Library. If they are not there, you can't open these. Did your friend give you a Panther Installation Disc by any chance? Have you tried repairing permissions? I've placed Version Tracker Pro in a zip for you (See Link), do zips open for you?
http://snipr.com/2y25p-av3uc1
i dont have the disc. i think i will will just go buy panther or just use my sons computer:D
thank you for helping me!;)

Reaction score
i dont have the disc. i think i will will just go buy panther or just use my sons computer:D
thank you for helping me!;)

You're welcome. ;) If you pick up an installation disc, you might want to go with Tiger or Leopard (Preferably Leopard) as Panther is getting a bit old. Don't be discouraged, there's a learning curve to everything. In the meantime it wouldn't hurt to repair permissions when you have the chance. Here's how-
https://www.mac-help.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6747&highlight=Repair+Permissions

Reaction score
oh are you trying to make me lose whats left of my mind?:confused:;)

Open Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
Select your startup disk on the left of the Disk Utility window
Select "First Aid" from the tabs if not already selected
Click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button

when i open the Utilities folder i only have 2 things in there airport setup assistant and airport utility

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 286
Reaction score
oh are you trying to make me lose whats left of my mind?:confused:;)

Open Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
Select your startup disk on the left of the Disk Utility window
Select "First Aid" from the tabs if not already selected
Click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button

when i open the Utilities folder i only have 2 things in there airport setup assistant and airport utility

Wow! I bet that these are not the only things that are missing. No wonder why things are not working properly. I'm surprised that the eMac even starts up! Definitely time to get an installation disc! No wonder why that was driving you nuts! :eek:

Ask a Question