Troubleshooting installing Mojave

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I'm writing from Italy , so I beg Your pardon for my English .-
I'm trying to Install on my Mac Book Air the Mojave .-
The Problem is : the sistem says " I'm trying to install new assistant " .... and I can't go on with installation because writing my PW nothing goes on .-
Is there anybody ready to help me ?
Thanks a lot .- Saverio .- Trento .- Italy

Reaction score
Need to know some things:

1. What exact Mac Book Air model do you have (I have a mid 2017 13" 256 gig model)?

2. What Mac OS were you running before?

3. Are you upgrading "in place", that is, just letting Mojave basically over write what is on your machine already?

4. Is it OS 10.14 that you are trying to install? OS 10.14.1 was released yesterday.

5. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do quite a lot of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that

6. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If (hopefully) so, what software are you using for that?

7. Was your PW accepted with the prior OS you had?

Last edited:
Reaction score
sorry, but I'm not able to answer Your questions .- I started to use Mac one Year ago , so .... Sorry, and thanks for your kindness ,.
Saverio

Ask a Question