Import of DV Tapes

Pad

Reaction score
Hi. Just wondering if there is anyone out there who knows about importing DV taoes. We have finally got it up n running and works fine onto a mac Book pro. I just have a few questions regarding organising into files/order and sometimes something says "processing" at the end of the tape . What is this? As a previous attempt to import disappeared the following day, or seemed to. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
What App are you using to import your tapes? I use iMovie which stores all the imported footage in the iMovie Library file. It's been a while since imported DV tapes, but I don't recall the "processing" notice.

Pad

Reaction score
Hi. Yes we use imovies too. Seems a bit inconsistent and then I struggle to find where the actual import is once it uploaded. I just tried another one recently and the importing thing started all over again

Reaction score
Don't worry too much about where the imports are stored, but they are in the iMovie Library file in your Movies folder. However, like iTunes and Photos, it's better to access the files via the application rather than go digging around in the Library.

Ask a Question