SOLVED Unable to import photos Error 9912

Reaction score
I am trying to import over 700 photos from my camera XQD card to Lightroom. The import started and some 100 photos were imported successfully. But 615 photos were not. Importing to Photos gave exactly the same result. In Photos I received the message "The operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error 9912)". The problem is clearly with Apple, not Lightroom and not my Nikon D500 camera.
I have successfully imported thousands of photos in the past, although I did have a problem with some photos a few weeks ago, which after several attempts cleared itself.

Can someone explain the problem and provide a solution please?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

That error is commonly related to a bad connection between the Mac and USB device. Many times it is the USB cable. Since it happened in both Lightroom and Photos, and if it stops on the same photo, then it could also be a corrupted photo or SD/XQD card.

You could try using the Image Capture app to import them into a folder. See if it gives the same error in the same place.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,
Thanks very much for your quick reply. I think that the problem must have been a bad connection. I did as you suggest, using the Imager Capture app, after having re-done the connections and used a different USB socket, and the photos went into the folder. I was then able to copy them to Lightroom, and I now have the full collection of photos where I can work on them.

Marvellous thing, this forum!

Ask a Question