Unable to import photos from my digital camera to iPhoto

Reaction score
Normally I have no problem importing photos from my Panasonic Lumix camera. However, I lost the USB lead and have just received another. When I connect lead to camera and iMac (OS 10.7.5) I am able to charge the camera (red light appears on the camera) and then when switching the camera on I get the camera screen which says Connecting to PC. When I select that in the normal way, the screen shows a jagged arrow with the word Access in red below it but nothing happens. Any advice? Perhaps the new lead is faulty despite the camera apparently charging when in Off mode.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

There are some USB cables that only pass the charging power and not data. That would cause your issue. Charging/data USB cables have four pin leads - the outer two are for power and the inner two are for data.

Look at this link at Step 1: Make a USB cable 'power only'

-Did you purchase a genuine Panasonic replacement cable, or one from a third-party?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. I began to wonder if there was an issue with the cable which was bought from a third party.
What you say I'm sure is correct and it is a relief to know that the camera hasn't suddenly developed a fault or that there is an issue with my iMac.
I've just contacted Panasonic support so hopefully they will be able to get a bona fide cable to me. Thanks again.

Ask a Question