Unable to Flash Firmware on 2009 Mac Pro 4 1 Running Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been trying to flash the firmware on my Mac Pro 2009 4 1 to 5 1 in order to be able to upgrade cpu to 12 core as well as RAM.

It's currently running Snow Leopard and doesn't have a partitioned drive (no recovery mode, which means I'm unable to disable SIP).

I've tried to flash the firmware a number of ways and no luck. Could someone please help me? Specs are the same as computers on most Youtube tutorials showing how to upgrade 2009 Mac Pro's.

Banging my head against the wall here so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Because this is not officially supported by Apple, nor recommended as it can cause permanent damage to your logic board, we can't offer you much in the way of support. In addition, I am not aware of anyone here who has performed this action.

I would suggest you work with the author of the software, or ask for guidance/help if they have any discussion forums.

Again, we don't recommend attempting this, and sorry we couldn't be of more help.

C

Ask a Question