Unable to attach my music to a slideshow in Mac Photos

Reaction score
Mac Sierra 10.12.6 Mac Retina notebook 13" Mac Photos

Recently I tried to attach a piece of music from my own iTunes collection to a slideshow in my mac photos >(Projects), the procedure appears simple but it did not work as expected - I could not do it. When I click on iTunes my Collection of albums comes up, but nothing happens when I click on an album, the tunes inside the album come up faint on the screen, and nothing happens when I click on them.

Action taken
I talked this through with an Apple helper, someone took me through iTunes and/or settings labyrinth I would never have known of or been able to do anything with myself, and the problem seems solved and I finally had a project with the music I wanted attached.

(The problem seemed to be at first that my purchase of the music a year or two ago was not at first recognised, and then there was some gobbledygook about ‘authorisation’.)

It was so complicated I have no idea how to do this again and the problem seems to be general. Just the second time I had exactly the same problem as before! I CANNOT ATTACH NOW to a different project another piece of music.

On my computer I can hear the required tune all right. I can enter iTunes and see nothing looking untowards, e.g. in the contract.

The last time it was sorted with Apple by phone, hence I have no written record that would enable me to do again whatever we did.
I have now been through some other problems with Apple by chat and phone calls (I have an AppleCare contract) but am finding these so time-consuming that I now first ask if this seems a familiar or common problem with the solution knownto anybody reading this.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version if iTunes and Photos?
-Do you have an iTunes Match or Apple Music subscription?
-Were the purchased songs in iTunes all purchased with the same Apple ID account?
-Have you tried logging out of the the iTunes Store, logging back in, then re-authorizing your Mac before attempting to use the iTunes Library in Photos?

C

Reaction score
I have only ever had one Apple account and ID.
My Mac was authorised. I unauthorised it I logged out. After a few minutes I logged in again and re-authorised it - was that what you were advising?
Anyway this has not changed the problem, it is still the same.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...I created a test slideshow using macOS 10.12.6 Sierra, Photos 2.0 (3161.4.140), and iTunes 12.7.0.166. I selected an album, created slideshow, clicked on music icon, removed the default "Classic" music, and selected a song from my iTunes Library.

-Is that close to the workflow you are using?
-Can you attach a screenshot of what you are seeing in the Music section of Photos?

C

Ask a Question