SOLVED Autoimporter with Pixel 2 XL and Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hello, I have both AutoImporter and Android File Transfer on my 2014 MacBook Pro. Every time I connect my Pixel 2XL phone to USB I tape on the Android System USB file transfer on phone and it says Tap for more options. Then I select This device and Use USB for File Transfer. . . but AutoImporter shows up with all these error messages and Android File Transfer keeps telling me to restart my device, which I do many times to no avail. I wanted to uninstall AutoImporter but I think it's native to the OS 10.12.6? but regardless, can I uninstall it, I can't even Find AutoImporter as an application. So I am unable to transfer anything from my phone to my computer. I used to be able to use Android File Transfer without any issues, now it just beachballs and quits. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 1.25.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 1.25.21 PM.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 235

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello

Yes, AutoImporter is part of Image Capture, which is part of OS X.

Which version of Android File Transfer - 1.0.12?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Not sure why it isn't working. Do you have an extra connection cable? Sometimes that can cause the issue.

C

Reaction score
I uninstalled and downloaded a new Android File Transfer program and I did use a different port and got the error message but then was able to access the Android File Transfer screen and transfer some files, but next time it didn't work. Is it possible to uninstall Image Capture without messing up the Operating System?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You might be able to delete the Image Capture app, but the AutoImporter is used for other things in the System and cannot be deleted.

Since that worked, it sounds more like an issue with the USB cable, or the port on the phone. Have you tried importing on another computer, if you have access to one?

C

Reaction score
That's a great idea. I do have another Mac and will try that this week. Thank you for your help Cory.

Ask a Question