screen flickering pixels, distorted screen

Reaction score
Out of nowhere, my screen got these flashing pixels, and the screen is severely distorted. When I restart, it is there automatically, but changes patterns, and doesn't always flash. The only way that I can get onto my computer is through safe mode, but even then, it is still distorted

2s67mma.jpg

(Had to take a camera picture because screen shots are not working)

I have no idea what is causing this, and I haven't been able to find the answer elsewhere.

Reaction score
Hardware problem, screen RAM.

Take it to an AppleCare service centre, there should be one in your area. If the Mac is less that 3 yrs old AND you have extended AppleCare this may be covered.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Out of nowhere, my screen got these flashing pixels, and the screen is severely distorted. I have no idea what is causing this, and I haven't been able to find the answer elsewhere.

This may be totally unrelated but this didn't start when you inserted the Mac OS X Install Disc that can be seen in your photo? Did you intend on re-installing the OS?

Ask a Question