Imac os 4 questions...

Reaction score
I have a Imac os it works great ,Im trying to back up my pics...it wont let me drag the photo file into my exteral memory..could it be I have to many pics i have 13,000 +? It let me drag smaller files in... Also my screen keeps getting dim..I put it on sleep then back on, its bright again... I bought a new camera sadly it says i need newer software...so now is this computer useless? im not too savy on here i can do basics ,email ,brouse .play games ,pics ect.. also it says my disk is almost full..im trying to delete stuff i dont need.... any help appreciated...I hope I did this correctly :)

Reaction score
could it be I have to many pics i have 13,000 +? It let me drag smaller files in...
Select the file/library and File > Get Info will show you the size.
Also my screen keeps getting dim..I put it on sleep then back on, its bright again...
Apple menu > System Preferences > Energy has these settings.
I bought a new camera sadly it says i need newer software...
Ensure you have done all the Updates that are available.
also it says my disk is almost full..
Macs like about a 3rd of the boot drive free. I use Grand Perspective to track down large files.

Reaction score
Select the file/library and File > Get Info will show you the size.
Apple menu > System Preferences > Energy has these settings.
Ensure you have done all the Updates that are available.
Macs like about a 3rd of the boot drive free. I use Grand Perspective to track down large files.
thank you! screen is fixed, the contrast button was at like 5. I did transfer all small files the large one is 13,985 pics at 26676mb..my memorie is 1 tb,,ill try again or is that not big enough, I do have other stuff on there too not alot though.... I dont think ive ever updated any software..the only thing poppin up is for the ipod..where else can i check?

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new camera sadly it says i need newer software...so now is this computer useless?
What is the Mac model and year + OS X? As you may well be able to upgrade your OS X extremely cheaply less than $20.
I did transfer all small files the large one is 13,985 pics at 26676mb
Try cutting the file size down, IE select maybe 200 images at a time then copy and paste. I know this may take a little longer.

Ask a Question